With so many different photographers in Rochester, NY, it’s hard to choose the best one for your newborn photos. To help you choose the best photography for your family, consider these simple tips.
1. Ask around for newborn photographer recommendations
It can be helpful to ask around for recommendations from family and friends who have recently had babies photographed. If you don’t know anyone who has recently had newborn photos done, google reviews and parent groups on Facebook can be helpful when looking for recommendations. If you are going to post in a group for recommendations, be sure to list your budget and style of photography you are looking for as that can help narrow down your options. Once you have a few names in mind, you can begin compare portfolios to find the perfect fit for your family.
2. Do your research on newborn photographers
There are many talented photographers out there who specialize in newborn photography, so it is important to do some research before you settle on anyone. Here are a couple things to look for when researching newborn photographers:
- How many years of experience do they have? Not all photographers can produce the photographs you see on Pinterest.
- What style of newborn photography do they offer? There are many different styles of newborn photography, so be sure to look at photographers who offer the style you want.
- Do they have any formal safety training? (this is especially important if you are looking for posed newborn photography)
- Do you love their portfolio? Is it consistent? Ask to see a full gallery to get a sense of how a typical gallery may look.
3. Meet with several photographers
Besides talent, it is important to feel comfortable with the photographer you choose to work with. This is why it’s important to meet with several potential candidates. You will be able to get a feel for their style and what they experience is. You will also be able to discuss any questions or preferences you may have regarding your photos. After meeting with several photographers, you’ll be able to choose the photographer that feels right to you.
4. Keep Your Budget in Mind
Just like everything else in life, there is a range of prices for photographers. Since not everyone has an unlimited funds, it is important to keep your budget in mind when looking for a newborn photographer. If you find a photographer you really love but they are out of your budget, it never hurts to ask if they offer additional payment options. Most photographers are happy to help make their photography more accessible with payment plans.
While there are many things to consider when choosing a newborn photographer, these tips should help you get started. If you have any questions regarding these tips or a documentary newborn photography session, please reach out, I’m happy to help!