For the last few months, I have been working on a personal photo project which documents the reality of breastfeeding. As I continue to photograph moms I realize there are several more images that are lacking from the project. So therefore, I am reopening my model call for the project.
I am looking for several moms in the Western New York Area who would be interested allowing me to document their breastfeeding journey. This would be a long-term project and would involve at least a day commitment (with the possibility of more) and open lines of communication throughout the year. The goal of this project would be to shed some light on the realities of breastfeeding, help inspire other breastfeeding mamas, normalize breastfeeding, and most of all, let moms know they are not alone in their struggles.
Breastfeeding is hard and it’s not always glamorous, but it’s also pretty damn beautiful. That is what I want to focus on.
I am looking for moms who fit one of the following categories:
- A breastmilk donor
- An exclusively pumping mom
- A tandem nursing mom
- An adoptive mom who has induced or will induce lactation
- A mom who is about to undergo surgery or with cancer that is still breastfeeding or planning on breastfeeding in the hospital
- A mom that is nursing a child through an illness (not the common cold or flu)
- A mom nursing her hospitalized infant or child (NICU or PICU)
- An extended breastfeeding mom (child over 4)
- Two-mom family sharing breastfeeding
- any other scenarios I may not have thought of
If you would like to participate in this ongoing project, please fill out the questionnaire by clicking here. I can’t wait to chat with you!
All applications will be reviewed and families will be contacted if selected. Those selected will receive 10 high-res images suitable for printing up to 11 x17 as a thank you.
If you have any questions regarding this model call or feel I am lacking anything from the current model call list, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
*Must be willing to sign a model release as these images will be used for my portfolio, a possible photo book, and advertising purposes.