Hi! I’m Gabi.
I am a wife to Geoff, mom to Charlotte and Nathaniel, and I have 4 furry children (Luigi, Little Miss, Chester, and Andrea). I love to bake, craft, laugh, and of course, make pictures. I am also told I live up to my name, so I apologize ahead of time if we get lost in conversation at some point down the road ;-). I am a sentimental soul with a soft spot for nostalgia. I have been this way for as long as I can remember. When my daughter was born, my love of photography intensified. Looking back, it’s no wonder I have always been drawn to photography—it provides me with a way to preserve the memories I never want to forget.
I always say, before I had kids it was easy to go about each day not realizing how much time has passed (seriously, in my head I’m still 25 LOL). However, to me, children are the physical representation of time passing you by. Each day they are growing, changing, evolving, and it’s easy to miss. The tiny baby I held in my arms 4 years ago is not a baby anymore. I may not feel like I have changed, but she certainly has.
Like all parents, I want to freeze time. Since I don’t have access to a time machine, I embrace the next best thing, my camera. With my camera, I can freeze moments in my children’s lives I don’t ever want to forget. I love that I can not only tell them about their past selves—I can show them (there’s that soft spot for nostalgia again).
Random facts about me:
– I prefer vanilla over chocolate
– My favorite books are the Art of Racing in the Rain and Marley and Me
– Shows I’m currently obsessed with: The Handmaid’s Tale and Modern Family
– My ideal weekend is relaxing on my couch, cuddling with my family
– I love musicals (my absolute favorite is Rent)
– If a movie is even remotely sad, I will cry during it. (Damn you, Disney!)
– I would be absolutely useless in the event of a zombie apocalypse (thanks for the enlightenment, The Walking Dead). I, however,
could do a pretty badass job documenting our experiences though 😉
– I love GIFs. Seriously though, I am not sure how we communicated on the internet without them, nothing makes me happier than finding a good GIF to add to an online conversation.